<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Saturday, May 24, 2003
 
Category: Audio
I've just found what could be an absolute killer for theatre applications. Gets you thinking, don't it? How the heck does it get eight 16/44k1 channels through USB 1.1?

[Shot of Semi going off to his spreadsheet]

[Shot of Semi returning]

16 bits/sample * 44,100 samples/sec * 8 channels = 5,644,800 bits/second and USB 1.1 does up to 12 Mbits/second so I guess it could work after all. I don't think I'd be wanting to be sync'ing my PDA on the same bus during a performance, though.

UPDATE: I just found that Audiotrak have something similar. Theirs seems to be aimed more at the DVD viewing user rather than the audio engineering market. It has a software DVD player included but does not have ASIO support and doesn't claim Mac-compatibility.



Powered by Blogger