<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Friday, May 16, 2003
 
Category: Radio (GREAT radio)
Back in the mid 60's, when I was about 6 or 7, my Uncle Jack gave me his old Mullard valve radio. It was very cool to be a kid of that age with his own radio in his bedroom. My favourite station was "The Greater" 3UZ. Now I'm probably gonna be shouted down on the details, but I reckon Stan the Man was the DJ I listened to most at that stage. Am I the first to coin the term Mid-Pacific accent? It was a bit like Covey's BJ the DJ bit but slightly more this side of the Pacific. That was Stan. I think we will be playing Keith Glass' When Stan Was the Man on our 96.5 radio show this Sunday afternoon at 1600.
By the way, the photos in DB's post are from The Laurie Richards Collection. Could that be Tiger Lounge, Crystal Ballroom, The Jump Club (famous for its Desperately Seeking Sushi Bar) Laurie Richards?
[no links, no need, just good memories, but make sure you click on all of the links in DB's post]


Powered by Blogger