<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Thursday, August 14, 2003
 
Category: Cars
On the toll road back from Monash this afternoon I saw a brightly coloured Monaro (local GM product being sold in the US under a different name, I believe) with the number plate ROUT31. It seems sad that a performance car (even though I am a Ford man I must refer to the Monaro as a performance car) should have a number plate referring to one of the guvmint's main speed traps. Tim Blair is going to expose himself to the Benalla Revenue Droids this weekend. They pinged me once and I was shorted $130 and had my license suspended for a month. The suspension was because I was going 132k in a 110k zone which is 30k over the speed limit. You do the math, I can't. My mum drove me shopping and I used 6 door green limos for thirty days.

These days I drive a front-wheel-drive, four cylinder, slushomatic, Japanese, people mover. I was much happier driving my '68 boxy Corona but that was declared dead for nothing more than a petrol leak. Where are the real mechanics these days?

But I'm Not Bitter.



Powered by Blogger