<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
 
Category: Google
Where would we be without a benign Google?
I remember the first time I was pointed at Google but I can't remember the date, Alta Vista quietly disappeared from my bookmarks (but it still exists presumably as an asset unloaded after Compaq's acquisition of DEC). I thought for quite a few years that Google was an "in thing" but it went mainstream and I wondered about its cred. I was way more excited by the search opportunities of kartoo and mooter, I'm sure everyone has their favourites. I was initially surprised by the appearance of Google Watch which we have pointed at before I think. Then came Google Watch Watch.
This is what I started this post to write about. Google as a decider of public morals? It would appear that Google has classic American liberal values. When do we get scared about dominant search engines as arbiters of public opinion?
All interesting stuff.


Powered by Blogger