<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Saturday, August 28, 2004
 
Category: Ho'lympics
Here's a nice article from Sp!ked where Mick Hume expresses disdain for events like "one-of-the-men-with-the-fastest-boat-out-of-a-small-class-of-posh-sailing-enthusiasts-on-earth" and Ping Pong. It's a good read right the way through to...
For the rest of the Games let us celebrate those striving for the superhuman, wherever they hail from. My local paper informs me that I should cheer especially loudly because a local boy helped Britain to win silver in the synchronised diving. But I am afraid that I am still dumbstruck by the Ethiopian Bekele. There is no drug that could allow the likes of me to run the first lap in 53 seconds, never mind the 25th. That is the stuff of which golden Olympic memories are made.


Powered by Blogger