<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
 
Category: Carols
I'm sure that many of our readers have already decided that I am mean spirited but I will nonetheless say that I think Kodak's support of the RVIB Carols by Candlelight is kind of funny. The obvious issue is that Kodak is a company that is all about imaging and that's precisely what the RVIB is NOT about. That is not where my problem lies, though.
On the television broadcast of "Carols" (I haven't been to the real thing for over 30 years so I have to rely on the GTV9 production) there are frequent crowd shots where camera flashes are seen to be firing quite regularly. There are at least two problems here:
  • The inverse square law says that a flash will not help any consumer imaging device beyond a few metres
  • You can't illuminate a light source such as a candle (did you ever see a successful flash-illuminated shot of fireworks?)
So Kodak are providing support for an event which makes the users of their products look like idiots. I don't care which suburb you come from, that's gotta be bad karma.


Powered by Blogger