<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Thursday, April 12, 2007
 
Category: Cars
My boys and I have just arrived home from a three day trip to Bright, Hotham, Omeo, Paynesville and Maffra. As we entered Maffra, I noticed a sign pointing at a motor museum which was apparently open. I hadn't previously known of this museum and I do try to keep myself up to date on such things so, after a pie and a coffee in "town", we headed back to the museum for a perve. It was $7 for me and nothing for the boys (both under 15)! It Is Good™.
The Car-Of-Show is definitely the Cord but, stupidly, I didn't get a picture. According to this website it was advertising supercharger status that was not justified according to the curator's notes.
The following FE/FC lounge suite caught my eye but it trivialises the museum to suggest it is a highlight...

Their intention is to change the display quite regularly so I'm expecting to drop in each time I go to East Gippsland. Apart from anything else, the Maffra, North Yallourn, Moe route through the Valley is a lot more interesting than the regular highway.
Here's another view...

When I got up close to the Kombi up towards the back of the image, I discovered (to my delight) that it had a 289cid V8 mounted in the heart of what might normally be the cargo or hippy-sleeping section.
I note, also, that the only double ups on display were the two XP Falcons in the foreground. True Classics™.


Powered by Blogger